Powered by Blogger

Hello! My name is Joseph Woodrow Stevens and this is my Blog. It's called Rabbits' Blog, because that was the name Mummy and Daddy gave me when I was still in Mummy's tummy. (Apparently Daddy's sister wanted to call my Daddy Rabbits when he was born!)

Anyway, Mummy and Daddy write stuff down here about me, 'cos they seem to think it's interesting. I just like all the pictures of me, 'cos I'm gorgeous! I hope you like what Mummy and Daddy have written here. Let them know if you do. They'd like to hear from you!

Lots of love and kisses!

Joseph xxx

Friday, December 30, 2005

A trip to the hospital!

Well, it was all going so well.... The saga of Em's ongoing hypertension took a bit of a twist this week. On Wednesday, Em got a bit of a headache, and her fingers swelled a little (both signs that the blood pressure might be having an effect), and so she called the midwife, who came to see her Thursday morning. Em's BP was still pretty high, so she was sent to the hospital for the usual round of tests (blood, urine, heartbeat etc.) which were all clear, but they prescribed her some pills to reduce her blood pressure. She took two of those yesterday, came home and fell asleep.

This morning I took her back to the hospital to recheck her blood pressure - which was still too high, so they're keeping her in to monitor it every 15 minutes. They've also upped her dosage, and given her a booster dose of something else to bring it down. They also gave her a steroid injection in the leg to help develop Rabbits' lungs, just in case they need to get her our early. Em was impressed.... They've also said they'll need to give her the second injection at about 1am, so I think she'll be staying in overnight, which really sucks. They were also due to be giving her another scan just to check everything's OK in there (Rabbits' head is apparently well down, so that's a very good thing).

The crazy thing is that Em feels fine - she's got no headache, no more swollen fingers - she's just bored out of her mind and fed up with having her blood pressure taken every few minutes. And let's not forget the injections...

posted by Craig @ 3:24 pm   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rabbits' Blog is a kinkyMachine website. Would you like a rice cake?