Powered by Blogger

Hello! My name is Joseph Woodrow Stevens and this is my Blog. It's called Rabbits' Blog, because that was the name Mummy and Daddy gave me when I was still in Mummy's tummy. (Apparently Daddy's sister wanted to call my Daddy Rabbits when he was born!)

Anyway, Mummy and Daddy write stuff down here about me, 'cos they seem to think it's interesting. I just like all the pictures of me, 'cos I'm gorgeous! I hope you like what Mummy and Daddy have written here. Let them know if you do. They'd like to hear from you!

Lots of love and kisses!

Joseph xxx

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Welcome to the world, Joseph Woodrow Stevens




Yes, after fooling us all for the last 33 weeks, Rabbits finally emerged into the world... as a boy! Joseph Woodrow was born today at 4.26pm by caesarian section, weighing 3lb 2½oz. He started to cry as soon as he came out of the womb, so we knew his lungs were working. He had to go straight down to neo natal, but not before he was shown to Em and me - and we both burst into tears!

He's been put into a headbox for the moment to give him a little bit more oxygen, but it's only set at about 26%, and he's doing all the breathing work himself. He was making this little snuffling, coughing noise when I went down to see him, but I was told that's just him trying to get some of the fluid out of his lungs. They may have to do a chest x-ray if it carries on, but I don't think there's much danger.

Em was very tired and emotional after it all, but that's hardly surprising seeing as she hadn't eaten since about 9pm yesterday, hadn't drunk anything since 10am today, and her scheduled 2pm section didn't happen until 4pm. The spinal worked perfectly and she was incredibly brave. She said it all felt weird, as she could feel a pressure, but no pain or anything. We heard the suction starting, and one nurse said "Oh, that's just the fluid surrounding the baby being drained off", and we realised that they had cut Em open!

I'm sure there's more to say, but I'm really tired at the moment, and probably still quite shocked at becoming a father! I have a son!

posted by Craig @ 11:29 pm   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Rabbits' Blog is a kinkyMachine website. Would you like a rice cake?